Call for Doctoral Symposium
NOMS 2022, 25-29 April 2022 // Budapest, Hungary
- January 7th, 2022: Submission deadline.
- January 31st, 2021: Notification of acceptance.
- February 11th, 2022: Camera-ready.
The Doctoral Symposium is a concentrated half-day event that will be held during IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2022, which takes place in Budapest between 25 and 29 April 2022. In it, PhD students present their ongoing research interests/plans/results to a panel of researchers in the field and receive specific constructive feedback, including opportunities to meet with mentors one-on-one. Additionally, accepted students will create a poster about their work to allow IEEE/IFIP NOMS attendees to quickly familiarize themselves with each other’s work and to be shown to a broader audience during the conference. Accepted position papers (four pages maximum) will be published in the conference proceedings and to be included in the online IEEE/IFIP NOMS conference proceedings. Moreover, the abstracts will be archived in the IEEExplore digital library once presented by the PhD students during the conference.
Eligibility and Topics
Ideal candidates will be in the early or mid stages of their PhD and should have a solid idea of their direction and topic, but should also have room for improvement. The Doctoral Symposium welcomes applicants from a broad range of disciplines including Management of 6G Networks and Network 2030, Management of Smart Vertical Systems in the Industry 4.0 Era, Artificial Intelligence techniques for Network and Service Management, Management of Softwarized Networks, Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Service Function Chaining, VR, Service and application management, and related fields.
To apply to the Doctoral Symposium, please submit the following two documents through JEMS at: https://jems.sbc.org.br/noms2022 :
- Position paper: Paper submissions should be 4 pages in length including references, using the IEEE 2-column. This position paper must clearly motivate, discuss, and summarize the proposed Ph.D. research, describe how the research fits into and advances research in related fields, and report on your progress. You may additionally focus on a more specific area of the research if desired. In the concluding section, you should identify 2 questions/areas for improvement that you would like to discuss during the session.
- A one page Curriculum Vitae.
- Maria Torres Vega, Ghent University-imec
- Daphne Tuncer, Imperial College London
- Shihabur Chowdhury, Apple