The 18th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium
(NOMS 2022) will be held on 25-29 April 2022 in Budapest, Hungary.
Held in even-numbered years since 1988, NOMS 2022 will follow the
tradition of 34 years of NOMS and IM as the primary IEEE Communications
Society's forum for technical exchange on management of information and
communication technology focusing on research, development, integration,
deployment, standards, service provisioning, and user communities.
NOMS 2022 will feature several workshops to further disseminate fine-tuned
research that is organized around the main conference theme: Network and
Service Management in the Era of Cloudification, Softwarization and
IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2022 invites proposals for one-day or half-day
workshops, which will be held before or immediately after the
main NOMS 2022 technical program. The primary purpose of the NOMS
2022 Workshops is to provide a forum for research, development,
integration, deployment, standards, service provisioning, and user
communities, also investigating the opportunities and challenges of
AI for network and service management.
NOMS 2022 Workshops are expected to focus on a range of novel and
compelling research avenues complementing or in-depth covering the topics
of the main conference, such as intelligent and hyper-connected environments,
virtualization and in general, softwarization of networking technologies, newly
emerging and potentially challenging topics on advanced services and
applications converged network operations, management and control, seamless,
secure services in future Internet also embedding cyber-physical systems.
Proposal Submission Guidelines
Each workshop proposal must include:
1. Title of the workshop
2. Names, addresses, and a short (200 words) bio of the major
organizers (e.g., TPC (co-) chair(s), OC General (co-)chair(s))
3. A brief description (1 page) of the technical issues addressed
by the workshop. Relations to the main topics of the conference.
State reasons why and how the workshop would
attract the NOMS 2022 audience.
4. Organizing Committee (OC) and possibly or initial Technical Program
5. Likely contributors and targeted audience.
6. The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to
facilitate lively and interactive discussions.
7. If applicable, a description of the past events of the workshop,
including all statistics of submitted/accepted papers and
attendee numbers. If the workshop does not have past editions,
please provide estimates and explain a strategy on how to reach
the targets of paper submissions and attendees.
8. Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and
9. A draft of 1-page "Call for Papers (CFP)" including title,
description, topics, and important dates.
10. The workshop website address, if applicable.
Submission of workshop proposals should be made to the Workshop
Co-chairs of NOMS 2022 by email to the following addresses:
- Andreas Johnsson <email@example.com>
- Mauro Tortonesi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Workshop proposal submission: October 3, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: October 17, 2021
*Tentative* Schedule for Accepted Workshops
- Paper submission deadline (coordinated): January 9, 2022
- Paper acceptance notification (coordinated): February 13, 2022
- Camera-ready version due (coordinated): February 27, 2022